Here at Votex, we have a dedicated MOT bay, operating 6 days a week. If your car needs an MOT, please call to arrange a time. The MOT test takes approximately 1 hour, and you can either leave your car with us, or wait in our MOT waiting room.
Every vehicle in the UK needs to be tested each year to ensure that it complies with roadworthiness standards. If you have a vehicle that is more than three years old, it will need an MOT test each year to ensure that it meets at least the minimum road safety and environmental standards.
- The first test is required once a vehicle is three years old.
- When your vehicle is tested, the MOT looks at some important items to see if it meets the legal requirements.
- You should be aware that the MOT certificate is not a guarantee of the general mechanical condition of a vehicle.
- If a vehicle is registered with no prior use on the road, the MOT will be required three years after the date of registration. For example, a vehicle registered “from new” on 25 April 2000 will require its MOT no later than 25 April 2003
- If a vehicle is used prior to registration, as would be the case with an import, the MOT will be required three years from the end of the year of manufacture. For example a vehicle manufactured at any time in 2000 will require an MOT no later than 31 December 2003
- There is no grace period given after these dates.
What Happens If My Car Fails?
Our workshop can repair your car to meet the MOT requirements. Just ask us for an estimate for any work needed.